Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving day long run

So today (thanksgiving) I began my day with a long run. 17 up at one of my personal favorite spots Chattahoochee river road 44. I tried a new road that looked on the elevation profile to gain a lot with few downhills on the out route. I have been trying to target these types of road in hopes of preparing for the Mount Mitchell Challenge in Feb. I really believe in specificity training so I look for runs that have a long climb at the beginning of the run with a long downhill at the end. Anyway this road turned out to be great. A nice fairly even climb and great views. I was very thankful to be out in the wilderness without anyone around just enjoying the woods. I am also very thankful to spend the rest of my day with my wife(who is very patient with me and my training madness) and her family. I think in the next week or so I am going to try and get my blood levels checked. I have a sneaking suspicion that my iron levels could be low. Maybe it's just one of those lulls in training that one goes through but honestly I haven't been training that hard to not be recovering like I am. So to start with I am back on the Ferrous Sulfate and we shall see what comes back with the test. That being said the run this morning was great and so was thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment