Sunday, November 8, 2009

First Blog

This is my first time blogging. I want to use this as a sound board to capture thoughts feelings and progress in my training and racing. My next racing season will begin in December with the Brasstown Bald 5k. This is a short race but I have had my eyes on the course record for a number of years but have not had the opportunity to challenge it yet due to other races and weather. In January I am planning on racing the Tsali Frosty 50k to serve as a tune up for my main training focus the Mount Mitchell Challenge. I am in a bit of a training transition from tri training all summer to solely running once again. I feel that I have a good aerobic base but need to get back into the swing of running miles again. Yesterday was my first longer run in a while. I ran 15 out on Chattahoochee River Road 44 in 1:47:35. Considering I have not run farther than 11 in about 6 months, averaging 7:10 for the run was encouraging for the new phase. Today I can tell that it has been a while since doing a long run. It now seems strange for me to call 15 a long run after last winter's ultra. But b/c of the ultra I have a new confidence in increasing my long runs. Hopefully that will lead to fitness and not injury. So that's about all I've got for now we'll see if I keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment